Writing Workshop Writing for Children
Have you ever wanted to write your own story? Make Story Soup? Visit Story Mountain? Yes? Marvellous news. Get ready to imagine your very own mysterious and never-before-seen-before-ever characters and create a story where they come to life! Feelings! Faces! Action! Adventure! Heroes! Villains! Come to the Story Creators Workshop to experience all this and more!
Booking opens 4 October.
Paul Coomey is the author and illustrator of Stick Boy and a soon-to-be-released secret second book. He was born in Cork, and when he was small his favourite books to borrow from the library were Asterix comics. He likes to write and draw noisy stories about brave children in tricky situations, and in the daytime he works as an Art Director in Children’s publishing. Paul lives in London with Tanvi Kant, and in his spare time his favourite things to do are read comics and go to the sea. You can find him online at www.paulcoomey.com.
Booking is managed by Watershed’s Box Office. Book online or call 0117 927 5100.
Keeping Everyone Safe
Watershed wants to ensure that it is a welcoming and inclusive place for all. Please note that:
- You are required to wear a mask when moving around the building, and when seated in either the cinemas or Waterside spaces (unless exempt).
- The capacity of the cinemas and event spaces is at 50%, ensuring there is a minimum of 2 seats (1.5 metres) between you and other customers on your row.
- You should not visit you’re feeling unwell and have COVID symptoms.
- Watershed will continue with measures currently in place, including increased and enhanced cleaning regime, provision of hand sanitiser throughout the building, maintaining air flow management plans to ensure adequate ventilation throughout, staff wearing face coverings, perspex screens at the desks and bar, and keeping contactless payments. If you would like to check in via NHS Test and Trace please feel free to do so, although it will no longer be required to enter the building.
- Watershed’s main entrance and Box Office are both on the ground floor which is accessible via a ramped, electronically assisted entrance door.
- There are two Blue Badge parking spaces to the rear of Watershed on Canons Road.
- Guide dogs and hearing dogs are very welcome.
- The first floor of Watershed is accessible via lift from the main entrance and includes level access to all areas, including the cinemas and event spaces.
- The cinemas and event spaces have induction loops.
- There is an accessible toilet (with baby changing facilities) near Cinema 1. Follow the signs for the Cinemas and the accessible toilet is just on your left through the double doors before Cinema 1.
- There are gender neutral toilets in the cinema corridor on the first floor.
- We offer companion seats without additional charge if required.
Visit Watershed’s Access page for more information.