We (Nous) (2022) Film screening
A kaleidoscopic portrait of people from the Parisian suburbs, their lives and work connected by the RER B commuter train which cuts through the city from north to south.
Multi-award-winning documentary filmmaker Alice Diop takes us through these suburban spaces and confronts us with some of the faces and stories: a migrant mechanic, a care worker for the elderly, a writer, a follower of hunts and the director herself, all of whom make up the ‘we’ of the title.
Lending an ear to the underrepresented voices of Paris’ maligned outskirts, these everyday vignettes evoke the rich cultural tapestry of the city, bearing witness and remembering through film. A portrait of a riven society, and of divisions that haunt France currently, it’s also about the value of understanding and giving.
Director: Alice Diop
CTBA / France / 115 mins / French (with English subtitles)
Presented as part of Future City Film Festival, which takes place biennially in the autumn but had to be postponed last year due to the pandemic. It will now run through 2022 as a series of special events with the support of the British Film Institute awarding funds from National Lottery.
Booking is managed by Watershed’s Box Office. Book online or call 0117 927 5100.
One wheelchair space with a companion seat can be booked online per booker. If more are required, please call the box office.
- Watershed’s main entrance and Box Office are both on the ground floor which is accessible via a ramped, electronically assisted entrance door.
- There are two Blue Badge parking spaces to the rear of Watershed on Canons Road.
- Guide dogs and hearing dogs are very welcome.
- The first floor of Watershed is accessible via lift from the main entrance and includes level access to all areas, including the cinemas and event spaces.
- The cinemas and event spaces have induction loops.
- There is an accessible toilet (with baby changing facilities) near Cinema 1. Follow the signs for the Cinemas and the accessible toilet is just on your left through the double doors before Cinema 1.
- There are gender neutral toilets in the cinema corridor on the first floor.
Visit Watershed’s Access page for more information.