Notre Dame on Fire (2022) Film screening
Jean-Jacques Annaud, acclaimed director of international hits such as The Name of the Rose, The Lover and Seven Years in Tibet, offers a blow-by-blow recreation of the gripping events that took place on 15 April 2019, when Notre-Dame de Paris suffered the biggest blaze in its history.
‘All the components of a fiction script were there. In the title role: an international star, Notre-Dame de Paris. Her opponent: a formidable and charismatic demon, fire. Between the two, ordinary young people prepared to give their lives to save stones.’ – Jean-Jacques Annaud
An immersive narrative incorporating genuine footage, the film retraces how heroic men and women put their lives on the line to accomplish an awe-inspiring rescue.
Director: Jean-Jacques Annaud
Cast: Samuel Labarthe, Jean-Paul Bordes, Mickaël Chirinian
12A / France / 110 mins / French (with English subtitles)
Presented as part of Future City Film Festival, which takes place biennially in the autumn but had to be postponed last year due to the pandemic. It will now run through 2022 as a series of special events with the support of the British Film Institute awarding funds from National Lottery.
Booking is managed by Watershed’s Box Office. Book online or call 0117 927 5100.
One wheelchair space with a companion seat can be booked online per booker. If more are required, please call the box office.
- Watershed’s main entrance and Box Office are both on the ground floor which is accessible via a ramped, electronically assisted entrance door.
- There are two Blue Badge parking spaces to the rear of Watershed on Canons Road.
- Guide dogs and hearing dogs are very welcome.
- The first floor of Watershed is accessible via lift from the main entrance and includes level access to all areas, including the cinemas and event spaces.
- The cinemas and event spaces have induction loops.
- There is an accessible toilet (with baby changing facilities) near Cinema 1. Follow the signs for the Cinemas and the accessible toilet is just on your left through the double doors before Cinema 1.
- There are gender neutral toilets in the cinema corridor on the first floor.
Visit Watershed’s Access page for more information.